Introduction – Surefire Vs. Olight Vs. Streamlight
Tactical flashlights are becoming more and more popular, which is why it’s important to have a quality one that you can rely on. They are used in camping, hiking, hunting, rescue missions, self-defense, and for many other jobs.
A tactical flashlight is usually much brighter than what you might expect from your standard household flashlight. Many models will emit an intense beam of light that can shine up to 600 feet or more in the darkness.
They tend to be smaller than most torches but give off just as much light, if not more. A lot of them also produce a strong strobe effect, so they can be used as a type of signal device when calling for help or sending out an SOS message. In this article, the Skyliners team will compare Surefire, Olight, and Streamlight tactical flashlights.
Surefire Tactical Flashlight Review
The Surefire tactical flashlight is one of the most popular on the market, and for a good reason. It’s extremely durable and can withstand just about anything you might throw at it. It’s also been tested and certified to meet the requirements of the U.S. military. The light is incredibly bright and can be seen up to 600 feet away.
One downside to the Surefire flashlight is that it’s a bit heavier than some of the other models on the market. However, this added weight gives it a much sturdier feel in your hand.
Stand Out Features
Some stand out features of the Surefire flashlight include:
- Versatility– The SureFire LPM Low-Profile Mount (LPM) extends versatility considerably by allowing the user to position the Mini Scout Light Pro on any MIL-STD-1913 or M-LOK rail in the ideal location.
- Ultra-High-Output LED – The Surefire Mini Scoutlight Generates 500 lumens of light; produces tactical-level light for 1 hour on one 123A battery.
- Unique Lens – The TIR lens forms a versatile beam with adequate reach and covers enough light for medium- to longer-distance ranges.
- Durability – Mil-Spec Hard-Anodized aerospace aluminum body, tempered window, and O-ring seals for durability
The team at Skyliners recommends the Surefire Mini is one of the most versatile flashlights on the market. Despite its higher price tag and limited performance, this flashlight is one of the easiest to use and transport.
Streamlight Tactical Flashlight Review
The Streamlight 88040 Protac Tactical Flashlight with rail mount is a compact, lightweight flashlight that mounts securely to a weapon or can be carried in a pocket. Easy to operate and durable, it features a C4 LED light bulb that provides 500 lumens of bright light. Aluminum construction ensures durability and weatherproof performance, while an anti-roll face cap prevents the flashlight from rolling off angled surfaces.
It has an impressive five-year manufacturer’s warranty, so you can be confident that it will stand up to everyday use and remain dependable for years to come.
Stand Out Features
Some stand out features of the Streamlight tactical flashlight include:
- Versatile Programming – Choice of three operating modes; 1) high/strobe/low; 2) high only; 3) low/medium/high
- Rechargeable – Includes two Rechargeable USB batteries, dual USB cord, and wrist lanyard
- Durability – Anodized Aluminum Construction
The Streamlight Protac is a great flashlight for everyday carry. It’s rechargeable, so you don’t have to worry about buying and replacing batteries, and it has a durable construction that can withstand everyday wear and tear. It also features versatile programming, so you can choose the mode that best suits your needs. The Skyliners team recommends this flashlight as the best overall.
Olight Tactical Flashlight Review
The Olight M2R Warrior is a rechargeable tactical flashlight that features a Cree XHP35 HD LED with a maximum output of 2500 lumens and a runtime of up to 6 hours. It has a side switch design for easy one-handed operation, and the tail switch can be locked out to prevent accidental activation. The M2R also features a momentary-on function and an IPX8 rating for water resistance.
Stand Out Features
Some stand out features of the Olight Warrior include:
- High-Performing – The third-generation Warrior X has a maximum output of 2,500 lumens and a beam distance of 560 meters, 19 percent greater than the Warrior X Pro (which had previously been rated at 3,000 lumens). The Warrior X 3 is a strong little thrower.
- Easy to Use – To access high or low output quickly or continuously, a dual-stage tactical tail switch is used.
- Ergonomic Grip – The included Warrior Ring and silicone tactical grip ring provide better control of the light during stressful situations. The redesigned tail cap now supports an optional dual-button magnetic remote switch, allowing it to function better as a WML.
- Durability – It’s water-resistant, so it can handle being immersed in up to 2 meters of water for a specified duration. Water-resistance is provided by an IPX8 waterproof design with an aerospace-grade aluminum alloy body, hard coat anodizing (Type III), non-slipping knurling, and a 3mm tempered glass lens. It meets IPX8 standards for water resistance and withstands drops of up to 2 meters.
With its rechargeable battery pack, the Skyliners team recommends the Olight tactical flashlight as one of the most durable and reliable flashlights on the market.
What is the Best Streamlight Flashlight?
The Stinger HPL is one of the best Streamlight flashlights on the market. It is a long-range, hand-held flashlight that produces a wide, 740-lumen beam pattern with brighter peripheral illumination and superior down-range performance. The Stinger HPL offers:
- Multi-function push-button switch lets you choose three lighting modes and strobe
- Three modes and strobe:
- High for a, far-reaching beam with maximum illumination: 740 lumens; 438m beam; 48,000 candela; runs 1.25 hours
- Medium for bright light and longer run time: 380 lumens; 310m beam; 24,000 candela; runs 2.5 hours
- Low provides extended run times for when a less intense beam is desired: 190 lumens; 219m beam; 12,000 candela; runs 4.5 hours.
- Strobe for disorienting or signaling: runs 3 hours
The Stinger HPL Tactical flashlight is a great piece of equipment to have on hand, whether you’re a law enforcement officer or just someone who wants a reliable flashlight. This flashlight is made by Streamlight, a company that specializes in making high-quality tactical flashlights.
The Stinger HPL is powered by two CR123A lithium batteries, which provide plenty of power for this flashlight. The light output is also impressive, with a maximum beam distance of 385 meters. This makes the Stinger HPL an ideal flashlight for use in law enforcement or search and rescue operations.
Streamlight for Sig P320
The TLR-6 weapon light, which has a C4 LED and an integrated red aiming laser with tool-less battery replacement without removal from the weapon or re-sighting the laser, is one of the most adaptable weapon sights for 9mm handguns.
When in dual light/laser mode, the LED produces 1 hour of regulated runtime. It is intended to be firmly affixed to the rail and trigger guard of SIG SAUER P365 and P365XL subcompact weapons.
The TLR-6 is:
- Designed to securely attach to sig Sauer P365 specifically
- Ultra-lightweight and compact
- Batteries can be replaced while light remains mounted on gun
- No need to re-sight the laser after battery change
- Windage and elevation adjustment screws mounted in brass bushings for long life and dependable zero retention of laser
Streamlight vs. Maglite
Maglite is a well-known brand that has been around for a long time. They make a quality product, but they are not as versatile as Streamlight. Maglite offers a limited range of products, while Streamlight offers a variety of flashlight options for different needs.
Streamlight is known for its durability and long-lasting lights. The company also offers weapon-mounted lights that are designed specifically for handguns. These lights are much smaller and lighter than traditional weapon-mounted lights, and they’re easier to use.
Streamlight offers a variety of lighting options to fit everyone’s needs. They have lights for everyday use, tactical use, and even weapon-mounted lights. Their products are built to last and are very affordable.
Both Streamlight and Maglite make high-quality products, but when it comes to versatility and features, Streamlight takes the lead. If you’re looking for a quality flashlight that can be used in a variety of situations, then Streamlight is the best option.
Streamlight vs Pelican
Pelican makes products that are larger than Streamlight flashlights. Pelican is known for making extremely durable, watertight products that can survive anything you throw at them. If you need a flashlight that can be used in tactical situations, then Pelican has what you’re looking for.
Streamlight has a wider variety of flashlight options. You can find a Streamlight flashlight for nearly any need or situation. Pelican flashlights are generally one size fits all, and they may not have the features you need.
When it comes to choosing a flashlight, both Streamlight and Pelican are great options. However, if you’re looking for a versatile and feature-rich flashlight, then Streamlight is the better choice. Pelican makes excellent products, but they can’t compare to the wide range of options that Streamlight offers. So, if you want the best of the best, go with Streamlight.
Streamlight vs. Fenix
Streamlight and Fenix are two of the most popular brands in flashlight manufacturing. They offer extremely high-quality products that meet a wide range of needs. So, which one is better?
It comes down to features and design. Streamlight offers a more varied product line with a wider array of choices when it comes to size, color, and brightness levels. Fenix flashlights don’t always have all the same options you can get from Streamlight. However, they do make some very good designs.
If you want a great everyday carry flashlight, then either will serve you well. Both Fenix and Streamlight manufacturers excellent EDC flashlights, but they come in slightly different styles.
Fenix flashlights come in a more classic straight-shaped light, whereas Streamlight has some tactical flashlights with angled lines. Both are well made and great to use.
If you need a flashlight for your job or profession, then you’re probably going to want the one that offers the most features possible to help you do it. Fenix is mainly used for this purpose because of its strength and durability. It’s shockproof, waterproof, impact-resistant up to 1 meter, lightweight at 2 ounces (including batteries), and small enough to carry comfortably all day long.
Conclusion – Surefire Vs. Olight Vs.Streamlight
Tactical flashlights are becoming an increasingly popular choice for people who need a reliable light source that can also be used for defense. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes, with different features, but all have the same goal – to provide you with as much light as possible when you need it most.
The three most popular brands of tactical flashlights are Streamlight, Olight, and Surefire. So which one should you choose? Here is a comparison of their key features:
- Light output – All three brands have lights that range from around 70 lumens to 2000 lumens. However, the higher-end models tend to be very expensive.
- Runtime – This is where Streamlight really stands out. Their flashlights have a runtime of up to 30 hours, while the other two brands only offer around 2-3 hours. This is a major consideration if you need a flashlight for everyday use as well as for emergencies.
- Weight and size – Olight and Streamlight offer similar weights and sizes, while Surefire is noticeably smaller and lighter. This may not be a big deal for most people, but it can make a difference if you’re carrying your flashlight around all day.
According to the team at Skyliners, the best overall choice is the Streamline brand of tactical flashlight. Streamline offers a variety of flashlight models that are both bright and durable. Plus, their flashlights have a runtime of up to 30 hours, which is significantly longer than the competition.
If you’re looking for a top-quality flashlight, then you should consider Streamlight. They offer some of the best products on the market, and their flashlights are sure to meet your needs.