Luxtreme Vs Luon – Yoga Pants Showdown!
It’s no secret that Lululemon make kickass yoga pants. They feel great, look great, and keep us nice and tight and covered no matter which way we stretch and bend. Lucky for us, the geniuses over at Lululemon have created a few different fabrics to make their clothing out of, and now our only dilemma is to pick which one to go for. In this article we’ll take a look at Luxtreme Vs Luon to find the pros and cons of each to help you choose your next favorite pair of pants.
What is Luxtreme?
Luxtreme is a blended fabric made from 63% nylon, 22% elastane & 15% polyester. The major benefits of this blend are:
- 4 Way stretch – This is primarily thanks to the elastane and means that the pants will stretch both up/down and side to side, and then will recover afterwards.
- Incredible fit – The pants hug your body tight and will move with you through a full range of motion.
- Compression – Providing the well proven benefits of compression on your muscles.
- Great durability and shape retention
- Sweat wicking – the pants will draw the sweat away from your body while also allowing air to come in!
Wunder Under – Luxtreme
- Full-on Luxtreme – Is a thicker version of Luxtreme® and offers a higher level of compression
- Light Luxtreme – A thinner version of Luxtreme which doesn’t have quite as much compression
Other differences to Luon
Speed Up Crop
Pace Rival High Rise Crop
|Wunder Under High Rise|
What is Luon?
- Another blended fabric, this time consisting of 82% Polyester and 18% Lycra Spandex
- Nice and stretchy (also has 4 way stretch), but also feels very comfy and buttery soft.
- It is susceptible to pilling
- Can feel uncomfortable if you are in a hot place or doing strenuous activity
- Oil and grease stains are near impossible to remove
- Has a less ‘hardcore’ look than the Luxtreme and so it is a better choice if your trip to the gym might also end up being a trip to the cafe and the supermarket.
- Still has some compression properties, but less than Luxtreme
- Full On Luon – More compression than regular Luon
- Light Luon – A thinner version which can be good for those living in hotter areas
Wunder Under Crop III
Wunder Under High Rise
Cool Racerback Top
Power Y Tank
Final Comparison of Luxtreme Vs Luon
Deciding between Luxtreme and Luon is a little like choosing between vanilla and chocolate ice cream, they’re both great and will make you joyous, though sometimes one might be more appropriate than the other. In this case, I find that the Luxtreme garments are the best option for any kind of high intensity work, and the strong compression properties will also aid your recovery.
For low intensity workouts and a more all-purpose item that you can wear around town and have your ass look fantastic, Luon is the bomb.
Related: Wunder Under Vs Align