3 Best Tents for family of 4
Many families enjoy camping as their favorite pastime or vacation method. Therefore, finding the right tent to sleep in and to hold all of their gear and food storage throughout the trip is a good idea. Some tents are better than others, and the very best tent needs to be found.
Most family sizes average around four people total so that we will be looking at the three best tents for families of four based on their unique features, pros, and cons.
|Coleman Instant||Check Price|
Our Best Pick
|Mountain Trails' South Bend||Check Price|
1.Coleman Sundome 4 Person Tent
The Sundome 4 Person Tent by Coleman comes in two colors, both navy and green, which is a nice feature for families who want to differentiate their tents from others out there in the woods or on a beach. It also means materials can be color coordinated with other camping items that might also have already been purchased.
Coleman claims this model is about 33 percent more water-resistant when compared with other of their products. It has two windows for airflow and allowing some sunlight or moonlight into the tent proper.
In the case of rain, this tent also includes a rainfly for added protection against weather.
This model measures 9 feet by 7 feet for the footprint areas, and it reaches 4 feet and 11 inches in height for standing room. Coleman backs this tent with a limited one-year warranty.
- This model is great for sleeping with sleeping bags, airbeds, cots, or camp pads.
- It is also rather portable, so it would be great for a camping trip as it does not take up much space when it is in its bag.
- There is ample room to move around, and it does not take long for the set-up to occur.
- To add on to the amount of weather protection this model offers, it features a bathroom style floor, and the seams are welded together.
- It is made of 1000D polyethylene on the floor and coated polyester at 4500 mm for the rest of the tent.
- It also has one zippered electrical access port where AC power can be run to the tent through an AC power adaptor. This adaptor runs the Cool Air Port for even more ventilation.
- This tent also has a storage pocket built right into one of the walls.
- Since this model is built to last, it can withstand high winds while giving ample protection from the cold.
- This tent does have a small hook in the center of the tent’s ceiling to hang things from, but this ring is not very durable. It might not be able to hold weights above five pounds.
- Some of the support arms to the tent are a little delicate, so they need to be handled with care.
There are not many downsides to this tent. It has been thoroughly thought out with its design to be durable against usage from people and protective from the elements as much as possible.Check Price and more reviews on Amazon
2.Coleman Instant Tent 4 Person
This Instant Tent 4 Person is also by Coleman. This model measures 8 feet by 7 feet for the footprint, and it stands at about 4 feet and 11 inches in height for standing room.
It is made with 150D polyester and 150D taped seams. This model is a little bit easier to set up than the previous model as it is just extended and secured. It should only take about one minute to set up this tent.
It is also protected with Coleman’s WeatherTec system, which consists of floors that are welded and seams that are inverted to prevent water from seeping into the tent.
It also has the integrated rainfly that is vented for more airflow. This rainfly does not need to be attached extra to the tent. It is already installed.
- This model weighs in at 18 pounds, so it is perfect for a family of four who is going camping on budgeted space.
- It can be set up both indoors and outdoors, so long as there is plenty of room for the tent to sit firmly on the floor or ground.
- It also has four windows that are screened for optimal ventilation. The material this tent is made of is rather easy to clean and maintain.
- Dust can build up behind the window screens when they are closed, so be careful when opening them to avoid having dust flying around the tent.
- Heavier stakes are needed than the ones that are provided to make sure it stays in place.
This tent is alright for a family who plans to do a lot of camping during the warmer months. It is not as high-quality as the Sundome tent, but it will work well for families that only plan to go camping a few times of year when the weather is not a factor.Check Price and more reviews on Amazon
3.Mountain Trails’ South Bend Tent – 4 Person
Mountain Trails’ South Bend Tent for four people is also another commonly purchased tent for families of four. It offers many of the same features as the Coleman tents mentioned so far offer, but it is more than worth considering. It measures 9 feet by 7 feet for the footprint area, and the center height is at four feet and four inches.
- This tent is made of polyester.
- It is formed in a compact frame that is specifically tailored to sport dome.
- The frame is made of shock-corded fiberglass that has a pin-and-ring system, which makes it easy to set up.
- The roof is rather large and is made of mesh for ventilation, which is also aided by windows, too.
- The interior of this tent does not feature any weather protection technology.
- It does not stand as high as other tents that have been reviewed thus far.
- The duffle bag this tent comes with is attached to the tent, but it is rather difficult to fit the tent back into the duffle bag it comes with.
- The rainfly for this model is not as strong as the same on the other models, but it does stand up to some mild rain and the wind. It is not meant for heavy weather conditions, though.
This tent is great for families who plan to go away only for a day or two. It does not withstand prolonged weather situations, so it might not be ideal for families who want a more durable tent.
There are plenty of tents available for multiple sized families. For the family of four, though, these tents are the best options. The key to picking the right one is deciding which one of these three tents fits the needs and durability essential for the perfect camping trip at any time of the year.