3 Best One-Man Tents for Backpacking
Calling all avid campers and backpackers! If you love the great outdoors, but you hate carrying around a bulky tent that is too large for just you, then you’ve come to the right place.
For one-man tents great for your camping and backpacking trip, you can find a few of the best options below. Under each option is a breakdown of the features, pros, and cons of the tents to help you with your decision.
|Tent||Packed Weight (Lbs)||Pole material||Price|
|Stansport Scout Backpack Tent||3.8||Steel||Check Price|
|Snugpack Ionosphere 1 Man Dome||3.35||Aluminium||Check Price|
|ALPS Mountaineering Lynx|
Our Best Pick
1.Stansport Scout Backpack Tent
This tent has that classical look and feel of an original A-frame design. This one person tent has an easy setup, and the tent isn’t very heavy at all. This tent’s light weight makes it great for backpacking because you can easily carry it from place to place. The Stansport also meets all fire retardant specifications.
This 3.8-pound tent comes with all of the necessary poles and stakes for your backpacking adventure. This tent is made from a special polyurethane-coated nylon fabric that also includes a floor for extra protection. The tent also boasts of a mesh door screen that no one can see through.
- The tent is lightweight, and it rolls up to be compact enough to fit on top of your backpack.
- The price of the tent is also rather low, making it a great buy for your backpacking needs.
- The Stansport is wide enough to comfortably fit one person plus gear inside, and if you needed to squeeze in another person, there is enough room to allow it.
- One major downfall of this particular tent is the lack of ventilation. The tent can become hot, especially if you are camping in warmer or humid weather.
Overall, this tent seems like a good investment. The quality and price make it an excellent choice for your camping and backpacking needs. It becomes compact but sets up to be quite roomy. If you are looking for a tent with a more classic design, the Stansport Scout Backpack Tent is the one for you.
2.Snugpack Ionosphere 1 Man Dome
If you are looking for a tent that is low profile and protects you from the elements, then you should invest in the Ionosphere. This tent is compact enough to be placed in your backpack, and snug enough to keep you protected from the harshness of the outdoors. In fact, the design of the Ionosphere makes it worth buying alone. This tent has a single entry point as well.
The Ionosphere has many unique features that set it apart from other one-person tents. The polyurethane coated material is waterproof and lightweight, making it breathable yet waterproof in harsh weather as well. The tent comes with all the necessary poles and connectors, and it also comes with a repair kit to allow you to make necessary repairs on the go. Everything about this tent is lightweight.
- This tent is made for a single person, but the length of the tent is long enough to comfortably fit tall men or women inside.
- The tent protects any backpackers from harsh weather conditions, including heavy wind and rain. Once the tent is set up, the tent doesn’t move until you choose to break it down and move it.
- Once the tent is repacked, it is lightweight and compact, making it easy for backpackers and campers to carry along.
- The tent takes a while to set up, but the process is rewarded by having a tent that isn’t moving until you move it.
- Another con of the tent is the inability to sit up inside of the tent.
- The compactness of the tent doesn’t allow for anyone to sit up inside, which can be a problem if you are trying to cook or eat out of the rain.
All-in-all this tent is a great choice for one-person backpacking or camping trips. If you are concerned about harsh weather or rainy conditions, this tent will protect you from both. Its lightweight material is breathable yet waterproof. Though the price is a little higher than most tents, you will not be disappointed with this purchase.
3.ALPS Mountaineering Lynx
The Lynx is a tent loaded with features and exciting concepts that are perfect for any backpacker or camper on a solo trip. Compact and lightweight, this tent is great for any backpacking or camping trip. This tent is also waterproof and breathable, making it the best choice for camping during the rainy season.
The Lynx is one of the best-selling one-person tents of this brand. With an easy assembly, this tent is perfect for solo trips. The tent has a factory sealed fly and floor seam, providing extra weather protection for trips when the weather might be unstable. The tent also comes with all of the necessary equipment for assembly, and the entire package is lightweight, making it ideal for backpackers.
- The price is ideal for anyone on a budget, and with an easy set-up, you won’t regret purchasing this one.
- The tent is waterproof and ventilated.
- It even has an extra section for storage for your gear and other belongings.
- The only downfall to this tent is the weight factor. Being heavier than other one-person tent brands, the Lynx is great for short trips, but longer camping or backpacking trips might call for a lighter tent.
If you are seeking something with great storage space and room, this tent is the one for you. It is a great tent to purchase on a budget, and it is easy to assemble if you are alone. Great for overnight backpacking trips, the Lynx is a great tent for your solo camping trip.